Our data protection and privacy practice is spearheaded by internationally accredited professionals who are well-versed with both the requirements of the local Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) and the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our team is also constantly monitoring latest developments in data protection and privacy laws in other Asian countries to ensure that our clients maintain up-to-date policies and practices.
Some services that we provide to our clients include the following:
- Assessment of existing personal data protection policies and practices for compliance with the PDPA
- Development and implementation of a data protection management programme
- Training and briefing of employees on the PDPA obligations and proper data protection management
- Assistance in performing data protection and impact assessment (DPIA) to identify and address business risks
- Advice on cross-border data transfer and the impact of emerging technologies
Response to data breaches
Where needed, we partner with cybersecurity service providers to offer our clients holistic solutions to data protection and privacy challenges. Our expanding clientele includes management corporation strata titles (MCSTs), educational institutions, Fintech companies, commercial and technology platforms. We are committed to making our data protection and privacy solutions as robust as possible, and as easy to understand as possible.