With the surge in cross-border transactions, international arbitration has become the chosen method of dispute resolution over traditional court-based litigation. Procedural flexibility, a high degree of confidentiality, greater autonomy of the parties, and ease of enforcement of the award have contributed to the rising popularity of international arbitration. However, international arbitration also remains one of the rapidly evolving areas of law. As a result, it is crucial to have on board a qualified team of skilled arbitration lawyers who can handhold you through the process.
Our team of talented lawyers comes with a plethora of experience in handling international arbitration matters within Asia and other regions. They have a thorough understanding of the substantive law and experience representing a multitude of clients before various arbitral fora. They also have experience in working with multiple arbitral rules, procedures, and languages.
With decades of experience, our expertise in crafting winning strategies and offering critical insights to our clients is unparalleled. What gives us an added advantage is the expertise to seamlessly deal with various legal systems, thanks to our sound knowledge of the peculiar challenges posed by the arbitral environments across the globe.
Several leading practitioners in our international arbitration team are dual-qualified to practice in Singapore and Malaysia. Our clientele includes multinational conglomerates, financial institutions, and foreign investors. We have experience of working with key arbitral rules and procedures such as:
- ICC International Court of Arbitration;
- Singapore Chamber of Maritime Arbitration;
- International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes;
- London Court of International Arbitration;
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution;
- American Arbitration Association;
- Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce;
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre;
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre;
- Asian International Arbitration Centre; and
- ad hoc arbitrations under UNCITRAL
We have also represented clients in numerous arbitration proceedings across a wide spectrum of industries, including energy, oil and gas, media and telecommunications, and financial services, infrastructure development, commercial disputes, construction and engineering contracts, and domestic and cross-border investments. We have highly-skilled practitioners, laser-focused on the commercial objectives of the client, who strive to achieve the best possible outcome and even secure an early resolution of such disputes.
Our approach to every arbitration is driven by results. By combining the substantial knowledge of international arbitration law and the unique challenges faced by a particular industry or sector, we strive towards obtaining the best solution for our clients.
Notable cases include:
- SCMA arbitration relating to a charter-party claim of approximately USD 4.5 million against an Asian offshore services company;
- USD 7 million AIAC arbitration over repudiatory breach of a contract between a Hong-Kong listed company and a multi-national company;
- SGD 1.5 million SIAC arbitration over repudiatory breach of a construction contract executed by two construction companies;
- CBP v CBS  SGHC 23 – Acted for an Indian conglomerate to set aside an arbitral award against a major bank in Singapore.