Zheng Feng is presently a Director at Fervent Chambers LLC. He has a decade of experience working with local SMEs on various corporate and commercial
matters and issues faced by them.
He has been an external counsel to a couple of multinational corporations, focusing on regulatory issues such as payment services, debt and equity funding, confidentiality, personal data, employment, advertising (both traditional and new media) and loans.
Some recent highlights of his legal practice include advising a listed company on the launch of its payment service in Singapore and other parts of Asia-Pacific; and an $8 million share swap acquisition of a regional water treatment services provider.
Zheng Feng regularly engages in pro bono work to give back to the community.
To keep fit, he swims and plays basketball on days when work has not caught up with him. He also likes to follow the latest news on technology, gadgets and games.
His corporate and commercial practice spans the following areas:
Corporate & Commercial
- Working with local, Southeast Asian and Chinese entities from planning and structuring to negotiating, documenting and implementing their transactions, including venture capital investment model agreements (VIMA), distributorship, sale of goods, supply of services.
- Advising clients on corporate regulatory and governance issues, such as duties and obligations of corporate officers.
Corporate and Trade Finance
Various aspects of corporate finance securities including:
- Venture capital financing
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&As), due diligence
- Start-up investments and financing
- Rights issues
- Private placements
- Convertible bonds and loans
- Share capitalisation
- Share buybacks
- Advising on trade finance transactions including secure facilities, asset financing, and other structured financing
- Advising on and assisting with the registration or establishment of entities, and providing a suite of administration, director and corporate services.
- Guiding clients on the structuring of their business vehicles and navigating complex legal and regulatory issues.
- Standard policy documents for employers including employment contracts, consultancy agreements, terms of employment and employee handbooks.
- Advising on employee incentives and benefits, employee share option schemes, immigration, severance and retrenchment, termination, collective bargaining and industrial relations, and outsourcing.
- Developing strategies for the use, protection, management and exploitation of intellectual property both locally and regionally.
- Negotiating, reviewing and drafting commercial agreements involving research and development, application, acquisition, licensing and franchising.
Technology & Media
- Advising technology start-ups on various projects pertaining to FinTech, digital payment tokens, big data, MedTech, technology development, software, licensing and distribution.
- Working with artistes and major local and regional content (including new media) producers in the protection and exploitation of their intellectual property rights.
Personal Data Protection
- Collaborating with clients to audit and implement practical solutions for their business sector on data protection, including developing data protection policies, conducting data protection training, and advising on data management.
- Identifying relevant risk areas for compliance regarding data protection, anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-financing of terrorism (CFT), and also partnering with specialists in fields such as cybersecurity to offer in-depth solutions.
- Member – Law Society of Singapore
- Member – Singapore Academy of Law
- Year called to bar, University: 2010, National University of Singapore
Speaking Engagements/Articles written:
- LexisNexis Practical Guidance Singapore: agency and distribution
- Asia Law Network: Incorporation 101: How to form a Private Limited Company in Singapore
- Asia Law Network: LLC vs LLP vs Sole Proprietorship – Guide to Business Structures in Singapore
- Asia Law Network: What are Distribution Agreements in Singapore?
- LLB (hons) – National University of Singapore
- Certificate (Business Mandarin for Legal Professionals) – Singapore Chinese Chamber Institute of Business 新加坡中华总商会管理学院
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/ Europe (CIPP/E)