We understand that as businesses continue to proliferate in a global economy, complex and challenging disputes and contentious issues are bound to arise. As a result, appointing a team of experts who understand the nuances of commercial cases in an ever-changing legal and political landscape, has impeccable legal acumen, and embraces an integrated approach towards addressing such issues and your business thrive in such an environment is imperative.
Our disputes practice comprises highly skilled lawyers with significant experience in multi-disciplinary dispute resolution and a full range of litigation and regulatory investigations who can help you mitigate the risks. We are stalwarts in dispute resolution and tailoring the right strategy, given that several lawyers from our Firm have been engaged in proceedings that have established valuable legal precedent. With a combined experience of several decades, our lawyers offer constructive insights that help you maneuver through complex dispute proceedings and overcome the legal challenges you face.
Our lawyers have an impeccable track record of success in litigating several high-stakes complex commercial and non-commercial litigation on behalf of our clients. They have successfully litigated in the highest courts of Singapore, covering a broad spectrum of matters. We have both domestic and international clientele, comprising of multinational companies, government agencies, developmental agencies, and individuals.
Our team has represented clients before various forums, including trial and appellate court, Supreme Court, and specialized and administrative tribunals. We have been involved in various matters pertaining to different industries and covering a vast array of substantive legal issues. Our lawyers have experience across multiple practice areas, such as:
- Bankruptcy and Restructuring;
- International and Cross-Border disputes;
- Contractual disputes;
- Securities law;
- Corporate and Commercial;
- International Trade;
- Intellectual Property Rights;
- Antitrust and Competition;
- Real Estate;
- Environmental law;
- White Collar Crimes;
- Regulatory issues;
- Construction and engineering;
- Taxation laws;
- Professional negligence;
- Private client disputes; and
- Telecommunications, Media, and Technology laws
Our strength lies in examining the various methods of resolving the dispute and advising the client on the appropriate way forward that achieves the objectives without inconveniencing our client or the operations of the business significantly.
Our peers recognize us as one of the frontrunners in the disputes practice. We strive towards resolving disputes as efficiently as we can by working out practical solutions that meet the overall needs of our clients.
Notable cases include:
- Acted for fellow-lawyers as a counsel before the Inquiry Committees, Disciplinary Tribunals, and the Court of Three Judges convened against them;
- The Law Society of Singapore v Chong Wai Yen Michael and Others  2 SLR 113 (Court of Three Judges);
- The Law Society of Singapore v Michael Chong Wai Yen and Others  SGDT 6 (Disciplinary Tribunal);
- Azman bin Mohamed Sanwan v Public Prosecutor 2 SLR 733 (Court of Appeal)
- Muhammad bin Abdullah v Public Prosecutor and Another  1 SLR 427 (Court of Appeal).