Major construction and government procurement projects are fraught with several legal challenges. Having access to experienced lawyers with a deep understanding of your needs can help you successfully tackle such issues.
Our skilled lawyers advise a plethora of clients on a wide range of construction law related matters such as engineering, construction, issues under the Security of Payment Act, procurement, and infrastructure disputes. Several attorneys in our team are recognized as notable practitioners in the area of construction law and have represented clients in numerous high-stake and trailblazing cases.
Our breadth of experience helps us assist our clients through the entire lifecycle of a construction project — we can assist with the entire spectrum of legal issues you may face at inception, while the project is going on, and once the project is completed.
We regularly represent public and private owners and developers, project sponsors and lenders, contractors and subcontractors, construction managers, statutory boards, equipment suppliers, and architects/engineers. As a full-service law firm, we also draw upon the experience of our attorneys in various practice areas such as International Arbitration, Dispute Resolution, Corporate and Commercial, Restructuring and Insolvency, etc., to resolve any other issues that may arise.
We stand out in the market because we completely understand the complexities of construction contracts and work towards tailoring solutions that help our clients achieve positive results. Our range of services in this practice area includes:
- Drafting of construction contracts, including consortium agreements, EPC contracts, concession agreements, subcontracts, etc.;
- Handling all aspects of construction-related claims and achieving an equitable and speedy resolution;
- Advising on all aspects of government contracts, procurement laws, and the bid award processes;
- Advising on all aspects of construction finance, including strategizing and negotiating construction escrows and drafting relevant loan documents;
- Representing contractors and sub-contractors in matters related to payment and performance bonds;
- Public-private partnerships;
- Risk advisory; and
- Advising on Building Code regulations
Armed with several years of experience on various large-scale infrastructure and construction projects around the globe, we are committed to assisting you to smoothly maneuver through legal issues that you are facing without losing sight of the larger commercial objectives. No matter what type of construction project you may be dealing with, you can lean on us for responsive, practical, and efficient legal support for the entire project lifespan.
Notable cases include:
- Offshore construction-related dispute of approximately USD 65 million against a leading European multinational oil and gas company;
- ICC arbitration relating to offshore construction-related dispute governed under Mexican law of approximately USD 14 million against a Houston-based offshore services company operating in Mexico;
- Negotiating and drafting various joint venture consortium agreements and front-end engineering and construction contracts with prominent oil and gas companies based in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Belgium.